Author Topic: Bathurst 1000 meet.   4-7 Oct 2007  (Read 2736 times)

Offline Dajobo

• Custom Chrome Hardtail
    • View Profile
Bathurst 1000 meet.   4-7 Oct 2007
« on: February 26, 2007, 03:50:04 PM »
I'll be there on the mountain for the four days and would love to meet some of you guys there.
If you have never been, it's truly one of the great Australian events. The nights on the mountain are the worlds greatest party!

Some info to help you decide-
Cost of a campground for the four days has not been released yet but going off previous years will be around $150
You can have plenty of people on your site (around 12 from memory) but only one vehicle per site.
Cost of admission also not out yet but around $120 for a four day adult pass. Pit access is around $30 extra but well worth it if you want to meet the drivers or see the cars up close.

As you can see, if you organize yourselves into groups it's less then $200 each for four days of sensational entertainment.

To buy campground tickets you need to keep an eye on this site http://www.supercheapauto1000.com.au/camping/default.htm
It's best to jump in early as the application asks you to nominate what site you want (first and second preferance)

I'll be applying for site 1047 or 1048 in the Reid-Sulman ground at the top of the mountain. Yes this is the mad one that make the news on occasion but I promise it's not as dangerous as the madia would make out and 100x crazier :)
1041 to 1050 are all fairly level sites near the top of the ground (important if it rains).

Please post here if you are interested in making a meet of it. Include what part of Australia you are from and maybe we can organize some groups to reduce the cost of travelling there, and number of campsites needed.
It would be good to know if your going by April to increase the chance of us getting camping sites in one area.

Richo, this would be a zillion times better if you could make it. :D

Offline Richo

• Big Kahuna
  • Fast, Cheap, Light...pick any two
    • View Profile
Re: Bathurst 1000 meet.   4-7 Oct 2007
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 04:48:10 PM »

Sounds awesome Daj....

Give me a few days to check out everything I need to suss .... this year is fucking nuts for me on so many levels.

I'd love to go though!!!!
Work Hard, Play Hard, Stay Hard

Meet my little Baby

Offline 1shot1kill

• Twin Cam
  • For the love of beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 04:50:35 PM »

Sounds awesome Daj....

Give me a few days to check out everything I need to suss .... this year is fucking nuts for me on so many levels.

I'd love to go though!!!!

You & me both, brother! Moving interstate ain't helping with me planning my social life.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/1shot1kill/Dudeworld/Barrett.jpg

"Why, they couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..."

The average rounds expended per kill with the M16 in Vietnam was 50,000. Sn

Offline Horatio

• Twin Cam
  • Duty First
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 06:22:54 PM »

You have a social life mate?
I'm impressed  ;)

As much as I'd love to get up there this year, I fear it won't be able to commit. Great idea though :)

Offline Dajobo

• Custom Chrome Hardtail
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 06:04:48 AM »

You & me both, brother! Moving interstate ain't helping with me planning my social life.

You might be wrong 1Shot, it just so happens I own a bus so going might be real easy for you ;)

Offline Kimmo

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
    • Me at BB
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 10:49:29 AM »
I'm interested in dragging my arse up from Melbourne... but this'd mean a high-water mark in forward planning for me...

Got wheels; might even be sorted properly by then. What's the deal with only one car per site? Is there somewhere else we can leave our cars if we can't jam twelve peeps inside em?

Offline Dajobo

• Custom Chrome Hardtail
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 10:58:16 AM »
I'm interested in dragging my arse up from Melbourne... but this'd mean a high-water mark in forward planning for me...

Got wheels; might even be sorted properly by then. What's the deal with only one car per site? Is there somewhere else we can leave our cars if we can't jam twelve peeps inside em?

I think you can buy a permit for more but not sure. Never needed to do it. Saw other sites with two or three cars so there must be a way :)

Offline Dajobo

• Custom Chrome Hardtail
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 12:15:04 PM »
You could shoot a damn fine episode of Dudeworld TV up there Richo!

Offline Horatio

• Twin Cam
  • Duty First
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 07:50:35 AM »

Now THAT is a sales pitch if ever I heard one :)

Very sneaky ;)

Offline Richo

• Big Kahuna
  • Fast, Cheap, Light...pick any two
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2007, 11:10:54 AM »

Sorry Daj...

You'll have to shoot that ep yourselves mate ... i've got doggy all weekend ... my hols are already prebooked for another part of the yr + I'll be chewing up all favours + sick leave + any other leave i can get in about 6 weeks from now.

I just can't make it this yr  [smiley=cry.gif]
Work Hard, Play Hard, Stay Hard

Meet my little Baby

Offline Dajobo

• Custom Chrome Hardtail
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 11:25:53 AM »
That's a real shame. Not to worry, I go every year so maybe the next one...

I hope some people from here come.

Offline SamboRoberts

• Big Kahuna
  • For the love of beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2007, 05:57:28 PM »
If I can make it, I will. I've got no idea if I'll be off or not at this stage, I haven't even started the new job yet, let alone worked out when I'll be working.

Offline Dajobo

• Custom Chrome Hardtail
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2007, 09:04:08 AM »
Update Folks - Tickets for Campsites go on sale Thursday 17th May so get your shit together and make it happen.  

Surely you Melbournites can get a group together and supply a car load for a great long weekend :)

Offline Dajobo

• Custom Chrome Hardtail
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 04:09:51 PM »

There's a special parking lot for people like you Kimmo ;)

[size=14]CAMPGROUND RULES[/size]

1. Orderly conduct is expected at all times. The Police and/or Security will enforce eviction for disorderly conduct and other misbehaviour at their discretion
2. The Event Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry to the Campgrounds to any person it deems unfit or inappropriate in its discretion
3. If your vehicle and/or accommodation facilities exceed the campsite size you are required to purchase an additional site. A tow away service will be in operation for any vehicles that are not parked completely within the allotted campsite
4. Reid & Sulman campground follows a policy of one car per site. Any additional vehicles must be housed in the overflow car park at the foot of the Mountain (on Barry Gurdon Drive)
5. Vehicles may only be used for entering and exiting the Campgrounds via their main gates
6. Unregistered or unroadworthy vehicles will not be admitted into the campground area
7. On the advice of the NSW Police Service, any unregistered motorised wheeled device (excluding those used by disabled persons) will not be admitted into the Event venue. Limited Use Permit and Agricultural registered vehicles will not be admitted into the event venue.
8. Use of vehicles within the Campgrounds on undesignated roads or for unlawful or potentially dangerous practices is strictly forbidden
9. Identification wristbands for persons, and stickers for vehicles, issued by the applicable campsite office must be clearly visible at all times
10. Unless you are camping at the top of the mountain, no vehicle access will be permitted to this area without the express written permission of the Event Organiser.
11. All instructions and directions regarding the above, whether communicated by the Event Organiser, Security and/or Police, Officials and Volunteers must be strictly adhered to at all times.

[size=14]CONDITIONS OF ENTRY TO EVENT VENUE[/size]

1. You agree to comply with all of the terms and conditions appearing on your entry ticket.
2. You agree to comply with all signs, instructions and directions including those of police, security personnel and officials regulating this Event.
3. A limited amount of alcohol may be taken into the Event venue. The permissible quantity shall be at the sole discretion of event officials and security. No glass receptacles are permitted into the Event venue, including drink bottles.
4. The maximum amount of fuel permitted into the Event venue is 5 litres per adult. Minors will not be permitted entry with any fuel or other items deemed dangerous.
5. Minors must always be under the supervision of an adult or guardian, who is responsible for their safety at all times.
6. No illegal substances, fireworks, explosives or weapons of any nature may be brought into the Event venue.
7. No couches or lounge chairs are permitted into the Event venue.
8. No animals may be brought into the event venue, excluding working Guide Dogs.
9. No platforms or anything that could be used to erect platforms is to be brought into the Event venue. Nothing that will obstruct the view of patrons or require permits is allowed to be constructed. The Promoter reserves the right to determine what is unacceptable.
10. Use of rope, bunting, poles temporary fencing or any other materials to create segregated viewing areas is strictly prohibited.
11. You agree to not engage in any ambush marketing as it relates to the event or the V8 Supercars Australia Pty Ltd (“V8SCA”), including with respect to apparel and merchandise, which you accept can be confiscated at any time by the Promoter or by V8SCA in their reasonable discretion.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to remove you from the Event venue for any conduct it considers unsatisfactory, including for possession of a lost, stolen, counterfeit, damaged or unreadable ticket you have acquired from an unauthorised source, or if V8SCA reasonably suspects you of improper involvement in any of the above activities.
13. You will indemnify the Promoter for any loss, damage, claim or demand suffered by any person or property as a result (directly or indirectly) of your non-compliance with these conditions.
14. You agree to compensate the Promoter and V8SCA for any damage, loss, liability or injury they may suffer as a result of your willful, reckless or negligent acts or omissions at the Event venue.
15. Any imagery or sound recordings taken of the Event must only be for private or domestic purposes. Any form of commercial exploitation is prohibited and may be actionable.
16. Imagery of patrons at the Event may be recorded and reproduced in various commercial formats. By entering the Event, you acknowledge that the Promoter has exclusive ownership and control of all such recorded imagery and you relinquish any rights or entitlements to either ownership or compensation for the commercial use and reproduction of such imagery whatsoever by the Promoter.
17. Photographs which are taken by spectators during the event at or on premises controlled by V8SCA or the Promoter shall not be used for any commercial purpose without V8SCA’s prior approval; and will, on demand, assign all rights to V8SCA.
18. Motor Racing is a dangerous sport. By attending this Event you acknowledge that motor racing is inherently dangerous and your entry into the Event venue and use of services and facilities at the Event venue is entirely at your risk. It is a condition to your entry into the Event venue that you acknowledge, agree or forever release and Indemnify parties as defined in the above Important Notice from any loss, damage, claim, demand or otherwise whatsoever arising as a consequence of your attendance at the Event. You have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Conditions of Sale, Conditions of Entry and the Important Notice above (collectively, the ”Conditions”) and intend the Conditions to have full contractual effect. Where relevant, the accreditation holder and any third party who purchases a ticket on behalf of the accreditation holder (the “third party”) each warrant that the third party has the accreditation holder’s full authority to act as the accreditation holder’s agent for the purposes of buying the ticket and accepting the Conditions.
19. Except to the extent permitted by the Trade Practices Act 1974, tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase. Tickets are non-transferable.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute any drivers, performers or activities associated with the event, vary programs, seating arrangements and capacities and determine and publish additional conditions from time to time.
21. You particularly acknowledge that the Paddock area of the event is a highly dangerous area and that there is a real possibility of an accident causing injury, death, property damage or other losses in the Paddock area. It is a condition of entry that that you enter the Paddock area and all other areas of the vent at your own risk.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to close the Paddock area and restrict access to the Paddock area at any time.
23. If anything in these Conditions of Entry is unenforceable, illegal or void then it is severed and the rest of the Conditions of Entry remain in force. These ticket conditions may be supplemented by additional conditions displayed at the Event venue.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 04:12:18 PM by Dajobo »

Offline Dajobo

• Custom Chrome Hardtail
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2007, 09:16:39 AM »

Doesn't look like anyone's coming but just in case...

My campground tickets arrived last night  :-[ :-[ :-[

We will be in Reid-Sulman on top of the mountain site 1048.
The sites are 8m x 10m so even allowing for my tent (6 x 2), pergola (3 x 3) and parking my bus, there's room for another tent.
I've already paid for the site so no cost for you to camp on it. I also will have the BBQ and stuff so all you need is food and a tent.