Author Topic: What's the best "Beer & Pizza" combo?  (Read 2065 times)

Offline Hornblower

• Knucklehead
  • Duty
    • View Profile
What's the best "Beer & Pizza" combo?
« on: July 09, 2006, 12:09:59 AM »
For me...it's gotta be a normal thin base pizza with ham, pepperoni, jalapeno's, pineapple, tomato, olives, anchovies, mozzarella and tabasco liberally drizzled over the top.

For the beer, it can only be Kwak. This is the best tasting beer to have with a molten, arse reaming pizza. Puts hairs on your nuts....seriously.

So fellas, what's your best combo? Inquiring minds want to know!

BTW, you can just ditch the beer and drink a few Kwak's and guaranteed, within 30 minutes you'll be flat on your back quacking like a fucking duck ;)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 12:11:08 AM by Hornblower »
"Death is nothing, but to live defeated and without glory is to die every day."

Offline Horatio

• Twin Cam
  • Duty First
    • View Profile
Re: What's the best "Beer & Pizza" combo?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 08:29:54 AM »
I don't think I've ever really thought about a best combo. I don't really drink that much beer these days, but when I do I try to make it Leffe or Horgarden. A pint of that would cost more than the fucking pizza!

Hmmm, I should think on this for a while.

Offline Richo

• Big Kahuna
  • Fast, Cheap, Light...pick any two
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 10:43:30 AM »
For me its gotta be a thick base pepperoni. Not your normal woosy run of the mill pepperoni either .... gotta be the peppery hot stuff. Chuck on extra mozerella cheese, toast till pepperoni is slightly crispy... fucking awesome.

Washed down with an ice-cold robust ale. Like Malt Shovel Breweries 'James Squire Original Amber Ale'.

Best damn ale on the market bar none.

8-)
Work Hard, Play Hard, Stay Hard

Meet my little Baby

Offline Horatio

• Twin Cam
  • Duty First
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 11:42:56 AM »
For the pizza it's a no-brainer for me. Thin base topped only with rich tomato paste, cheese and Hungarian hot salami.

For the beer... probably some Newcastle Brown Ale, Caffrey's or Boddington.

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 11:53:56 AM »
Pizza... It's like sex, even when its bad its good.

If I make my own then a not too thin, well stretched out base, lashings of tomato paste, a little olive oil, a layer of cheese, thin sliced pepperoni, yeah, the hot stuff, olives, thin slices of tomato, another layer of cheese, plenty of anchovies on top and a good grate of black pepper. Bake until the pepperoni is curling, dig in.

If it's a bought one, either a Napolitana from a good Italian place or at a stretch the Domino's Meatasaurus.

I don't really drink a lot of beer anymore, but Guinness or as Horatio says, a Newkie Brown, go down well, but best of all a good Chianti, even though I really should not be drinking it.

Cheers
Politically incorrect?  You betcha!!!  :-)

Offline Horatio

• Twin Cam
  • Duty First
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 07:16:51 PM »

Damn you Hornblower... this discussion has caused me to blow the food budget by $16. The upside is that I am now enjoying a very tasty beverage.

Offline 1shot1kill

• Twin Cam
  • For the love of beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 08:52:58 PM »
1) I like your tag, Admiral. Classy!

2) Well, it's only recently that I've started lashing out on the beer, so at this stage I'd have to opt for a pepperoni pizza on a 'classic' crust. Between the thin & crispy and the pan. And I normally just wash it down with New or VB, but I've recently discovered the pure drinking pleasure that is JS Amber Ale. I've also started home brewing again, so there's gonna be a few Malt Shovel Breweries kits get tasted there as well.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/1shot1kill/Dudeworld/Barrett.jpg

"Why, they couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..."

The average rounds expended per kill with the M16 in Vietnam was 50,000. Sn