Author Topic: BEERZOR, THE FERMENATOR!!!!  (Read 2294 times)

Offline MrFriendly

• Sergeant at Arms
  • Spreading the love
    • View Profile
BEERZOR, THE FERMENATOR!!!!
« on: November 12, 2006, 01:47:02 PM »
Ok, so after 23years of never really being a beer drinker, I have now decided that I do indeed love the stuff. Still not as much as Scotch, but beer seems to be helping me cope with this Brisbane heat that I'm just not used to.

So I'm after some recomendations for good beers that are worth a try.

So far I've decided I'm very fond of the following. Carona, Beez Neez, Boag's St George, Asahi, Toohey's Extradry Platinum, Kronenbourg 1664, Elephant Beer.

Now, so far, I'd have to say Asahi is my favorite by far.

So any suggestions for beers I should try out?
"I write messages on money its my own form of social protest. A letter printed on paper that no one will destroy. Passed indiscriminately across race, class, and gender lines, and written in the blood that keeps the beast alive. A quiet little hijack

Offline 1shot1kill

• Twin Cam
  • For the love of beer!
    • View Profile
Re: BEERZOR, THE FERMENATOR!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 03:03:51 PM »
James Squire Original Amber Ale.
Guinness Draught. Cans or stubbies.
Guinness Extra Stout. Stubbies or longnecks.

Check out what the beer club has to say about them.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 03:04:52 PM by 1shot1kill »
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v19/1shot1kill/Dudeworld/Barrett.jpg

"Why, they couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..."

The average rounds expended per kill with the M16 in Vietnam was 50,000. Sn

Offline Horatio

• Twin Cam
  • Duty First
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 03:13:26 PM »
some more tasty beverages,

Leffe Blond
Leffe Brown
Newcaslte Brown Ale
Hoegaarden

Offline Frawlz

• Fucken Mister
  • Sergeant at Arms
  • G.O.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 04:24:37 PM »
The proper way to ever thank thatp1g is with a 6 pack of grolsch.  The swing cap ones they are great for my homebrew.

Or with a sample of your own homebrew. (for extra points)

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 04:48:27 PM »
 :)

Def plus one on Newkie Brown and Guinness - even the OZ Guinness if pressed to it.. but.... hmm... maybe not... ;-)

Anything Coopers is good, given where you are I assume you already know to avoid XXXX.. Funny, I USED to like it when I was young and silly.. :-)

Oddly, whilst many will disagree, SA's West End Export and Draught are not a bad drop, but stay away from the green death called Southwark....

I've never seen the fuss over Corona or Crownies, but every time I do a love job on a PC for a rugby player I seem to get a case of the latter...Given how much beer those guys drink.... ;-)

Kilkenny and Tetleys are nice enough, but don't have that WEIGHT that I love about Guinness, avoid Budweiser like the plague, but Miller is worth a try, so is Moosehead.

From WA... Hmm....not a lot to be honest, Redback, a wheat beer, is not too bad.

When in Asia I usually drink Tiger.. like just about every beer I've mentioned it is fine if icy cold, it's always fun in KL to call room service and just order a "bucket of beer" - pre-ccooled six long necks on ice, and every hotel knows exactly what you want :-)

There is an exception of course - there always is - in Indonesia drink only Bintang..I've no idea if its any good or not.. just go for the fact it is served ball shrivellingly cold and it's cheap.... :-)

I suppose I should mention China as well, Pearl River - a really nice beer on a hot day :-)

I can't leave a thread like this without giving dear old Fosters an honorary mention - It's shit... but.. if you have been somewhere even shittier and QANTAS is your way out and some stew hands you an icy cold can suddenly it is ambrosia..... :-)  Same goes for a run on Bugis Street where they have the HUGE icy Fosters cans... :-)

Never seem to drink beer much in Japan - my mates up there are scotch fanatics, but I seem to recall Kirin is ok....

The UK is a whole 'nother story of course... Worthington being my preferred drop after Guiness, but I haven't seen it here in years, it travels poorly....

There's a few to keep you sampling  :-)

Cheers

Politically incorrect?  You betcha!!!  :-)

Offline MrFriendly

• Sergeant at Arms
  • Spreading the love
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 04:54:03 PM »
Hardman, you're a legend  :-X

That was quite a comprehensive little list you have there mate. I'll have to check them out.
"I write messages on money its my own form of social protest. A letter printed on paper that no one will destroy. Passed indiscriminately across race, class, and gender lines, and written in the blood that keeps the beast alive. A quiet little hijack

Offline McClean

• The token American
  • Big Kahuna
  • Ain't I pretty? ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 04:57:14 PM »

Beer............ [smiley=th_disappointed.gif]

Beer is for breakfast. Drink or be GONE! [smiley=violent-smiley-021.gif]
Where everything out here ain't what it seems
When I'm down to nothing, I just go ahead and dream
And face the fact that I'm a circle in a world full of squares

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 05:04:38 PM »

Oh, I'm sure the real beer men around here can add a lot to that list... I tend to be a whyskey person.. but then again, no aversion to boilermakers... :-)

What?  Me?  Drink too much?

Only when I'm awake..... ;-)

Cheers

Offline Captain Bustnuts

• Custom Chrome Hardtail
  • *drinking scotch*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 05:17:12 PM »
some more tasty beverages,

Leffe Blond
Leffe Brown
Newcaslte Brown Ale
Hoegaarden

Amen, brother.

Mick, once you're down in Melb, we're getting a selection of beers and scotches and drinking a weekend away.
 :-X

Actually, I had a night on the Tetleys when i was in the Uk...not a bad drop, but like Hardman said, just lacks that depth that Guinness has.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 05:18:30 PM by Captain_Bustnuts »

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2006, 05:27:48 PM »

See.. you have to get used to Clean... He's from Tennesse.. the only place on the planet that I know of that manages to make a rather fine bourbon in a dry county... They don't drink beer much down there... prolly pour it over the cornflakes.... ;-)

Oh dear... two Knucks loose on alcamohol in Melbourne... someone best let the State Emergency Service know... :-)

Cheers

Offline MrFriendly

• Sergeant at Arms
  • Spreading the love
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2006, 05:35:57 PM »
My Scotch appreciation thread is on the way. It's a tricky one, as I've drunk countless fine drops, each with their own good qualities and reason to go back for more. Scotch truly is like a woman in the spirits arena. To the n00b they're all the same, harsh, unforgiving, and if taken oraly the wrong way will draw tears. But to the right gentleman, you find beautiful subtleties in every drop.

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2006, 05:42:05 PM »
My Scotch appreciation thread is on the way. It's a tricky one, as I've drunk countless fine drops, each with their own good qualities and reason to go back for more. Scotch truly is like a woman in the spirits arena. To the n00b they're all the same, harsh, unforgiving, and if taken oraly the wrong way will draw tears. But to the right gentleman, you find beautiful subtleties in every drop.

:-) I have never heard the water of life described that way.... but... hmmm.. not too far from some rather fundamental truths :-)

Cheers

Offline Captain Bustnuts

• Custom Chrome Hardtail
  • *drinking scotch*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2006, 06:26:37 PM »

Amen to that.   :D

Offline GL0Be

• Custom Chrome Hardtail
  • Dudeworld
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2006, 07:42:55 PM »
Here's a nice site to wet your appitite  ;)

http://www.beerawards.com/beerfest2/the_beers.htm
New R32 GTR Link - coming soon!

Offline Captain Bustnuts

• Custom Chrome Hardtail
  • *drinking scotch*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2006, 08:17:04 PM »
I'm a big rap for http://beeradvocate.com/

Free sign-up and heaps of beers, reviewed and rated.