Author Topic: Netflix ,strange issue :)  (Read 759 times)

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
Netflix ,strange issue :)
« on: July 09, 2016, 04:24:49 PM »
I suppose it belongs here although maybe nobody else has our setup anyway but a bit of a public service announcement.

For a bunch of reasons we hadn't actually used Netflix for a couple of weeks, go to logon and it didn't do its usual auto connect, wanted credentials. Ok, user name is email address but could not get a keyboard to enter password.

I should explain, we access Netflix, and other streaming services to the point where I'm wondering why we even have Foxtel via a Sony Blu-ray over our wi-fi and it works fine but not being able to logon was a pest and their support guy whilst very patient could not fix it for me.

I gave up and went to bed, but somewhere in the night a clue appeared.

When first set up we'd just used the rather spartan remote to enter creds, and that was what seemed to be the problem, could enter user name not pw.

The Blu-Ray has a USB port, usually has a drive plugged in, in fact I'm not sure we've ever played many disks through it, it's been sort of a gateway, but it was cheap.

So I Google and yep, the port does accept a keyboard, with the oddity that first you need to call up the on-screen keyboard via the remote.

Grab a spare KB, and yep, can enter password and all good.

Tech... I hate to think how the seniors and the clueless deal with it - oh, wait, officially I am one of the former, fuck off :)

Sony is great kit but the OS on that player is a bit obscure :)

Cheers

Politically incorrect?  You betcha!!!  :-)

Offline Midnighter

• Panhead
  • Dudeworld
    • View Profile
Re: Netflix ,strange issue :)
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 10:41:45 AM »
Glad to hear it, since using that remote to enter details was like pulling my hair out. :P
"I'm what soldiers dream of growing into. I'm what children see when they first imagine what death is like. I'm the Midnighter."

-Be yourself. If others don't like it, fuck em.