Author Topic: Work place initiations  (Read 797 times)

Offline Smokey

• Knucklehead
    • View Profile
Work place initiations
« on: May 25, 2015, 10:02:11 PM »
When Richo mentioned about starting his 1st year mechanic trade back in 85' It flooded back memories as I started mine the same year.
That led me to remember the year long dred from threats of the factories initiation tradition.
Ours was called Blue Balling.
That is the metho based metal marking die poured over your nuts being star fish held down.
Then they gave you a twenty litre drum of of industrial cleaning soaps up in the shower room.
Stung like all fuck. And your nuts were stained blue for weeks.
I managed to evade being blue balled for the first year by giving out death threats but they finally got me in the second year.  I Kind of went along with it because that's what you did but I did do some serious face damage in the fight to take me down.
There was one fella that was so shit scared of being blue balled that he refused to come to work for the last two weeks of the year, which was blue ball season.  After that the GM put a clamp on it.
I got done in the tool room and while I was being dacked the company nurse (HR) walked in and copped an eyeful of my junk then walked away as if nothing happened rofl
After that you were in the group.

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
Re: Work place initiations
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 08:14:03 AM »
:)

Nurses have in general seen it all mate :)

These initiation rituals seem to have persisted a lot longer in Australia than some other places. In the UK outside of the armed forces they had become rare even by the time I joined the work force, I'm going to bet a few members have tales though :)

The RAF and I hasten to add it never happened to me supposedly had the rite of the "dance of the flaming arseholes" but I assume it was purely the enlisted men.

Cheers

Politically incorrect?  You betcha!!!  :-)

Offline Richo

• Big Kahuna
  • Fast, Cheap, Light...pick any two
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 08:14:49 PM »
Never happened to me.

The one bloke who tried got sent backwards down the stairs with a mouthful of knuckles. After that they didn't bother with me and went after softer targets.

Work Hard, Play Hard, Stay Hard

Meet my little Baby

Offline Muppet

• Knucklehead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 11:07:48 PM »
 rofl

What a topic  :P

There's always this seedy old guy of the workshop... The old timer who's seen it all over the years and perfected the art of terrifying young fellas. Where I did my time was no different but me as a 16yo moved 800km to even get the chance. Wasn't turning back for nothing.

We are talking Kalgoorlie here and it was and very much still is the Wild West out there.

As a 6ft 4 16yo at around 100kg They took their time to target me, it was always coming tho.

A 3rd year apprentice (known as knob head) and his mates were the first... Handily 2 weeks after I'd had finished my probation. At this time I wasn't about bluing, was there to do a job. It came down to I had no choice, remember thinking now or never and drilled him. back he went and I followed with a couple more till his mate bailed me and I copped a few cheap shots. Round 2 after work ended quite embarrassing with 2 kids who had cooled down and big crowd... Only fight I've seen where we both just gave up n walked away  rofl

Then the seedy old guy a few months later. We're talking a Boily shop here and there was a large tank being fabricated, two sets of cross braces internally. I had to go in to help a tradie and apon entry realized It was empty. The access got blocked and I clicked what was going on. Picked up a length of pipe and said the first prick near me is copping it... In comes ole Nev, one more warning but he never even hesitated... Whack!!! He got real pissed and I suddenly shit myself, climbed the first brace... Not high enough, jumped for the second set... Finger tips and fell to the steel base spraining my ankle...

Greased with a crowbar through my sleeves hooked to the crane... Compo... Light duties for 'tripping' on some scrap.

Good times  rofl
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 11:18:11 PM by Muppet »

Offline AccessDenied

• Custom Chrome Hardtail
  • Dudeworld
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 06:42:29 PM »
I got out of initiations.  I did an electrical trade.
I had been doing blacksmithing since age 16.
My threat was simple:
"The first person to lay their hands on me may succeed in the initiation.  That is the person I will choose to put there f#$king dick on my anvil and I will smash their dick with a 5kg hammer".

Noone wanted to be the first.

I don't like initiations.  Be a dick in your own time, not mine.  But then, on things like this, I have little sense of humour.  None of my apprentices had to suffer this crap.  They all went on to be awesome workers.  Better than can be said for some of the other guys.

AD