Author Topic: I have a Liddell problem  (Read 682 times)

Offline Smokey

• Knucklehead
    • View Profile
I have a Liddell problem
« on: May 06, 2015, 11:24:34 PM »
The wife received a phone SMS message from someone requesting a bogus FB friendship.  She made the mistake of replying " do you know me"  Now her phone is getting hit every five minutes from a sequential supposed phone number,, ie ending in 501,502,503,,,
What to do?  She can't have her phone messaging at work all day.
She is also frightened as the Names are all Arabic, Don't care how politically incorrect that may seem, She is scared and wants me to change her number.

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
Re: I have a Liddell problem
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 08:39:19 AM »
Ugh,

Bloody annoying.

The quickest way to get a stop put to it is to call your carrier and explain what is going on, being it is from a block of numbers by the sound of it they should be able to block it however they may suggest turning off SMS for a period of time.

That aside it is worth reporting it, as explained here:

http://acma.gov.au/theACMA/spam-report-spam

It is a much more annoying form of spam than email but it does, usually, stop after a few days.

Cheers
Politically incorrect?  You betcha!!!  :-)

Offline Smokey

• Knucklehead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 09:34:28 AM »
It has all become clear now,,, as to why.
My eleven year old created an open public Facebook account using his mothers mobile number.
Did he get some what for  ;qz.
The numbers SMS,ing were all 190 so had premium SMS incoming blocked and deleted the little shits FB account.
 pappychris.gif

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 10:10:43 AM »
Hmm,

I don't do FB, wife does, had heard they have been getting more insistent about having real mobile numbers linked to accounts. It sort of makes sense for SMS verifications but not on a public profile :)

It's seriously reaching the point of needing to be having net awareness security classes in primary school - and seniors homes ...

Cheers
Politically incorrect?  You betcha!!!  :-)