Author Topic: Is a war coming ?  (Read 9590 times)

Offline LogicprObe

• Sergeant at Arms
  • Dudeworld
    • View Profile
Re: Is a war coming ?
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2015, 02:01:23 PM »
Nearly killed me getting this joint to market.................I think I can handle the move easier.

http://www.belleproperty.com/buying/NSW/Inner-West/Earlwood/House/34P1372-31-banks-road-earlwood-nsw-2206
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 02:03:18 PM by LogicprObe »

Offline Smokey

• Knucklehead
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2015, 09:58:31 PM »
Nice Reno Obe, Real nice. The missus just watched some show about a family going feral on a converted bus and said why don't we do that? ,,,, I said  ::g

Offline Wallacey

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2015, 04:46:05 PM »
That looks fantastic, Logicprobe!

Got any before pics?
Whatever

Offline LogicprObe

• Sergeant at Arms
  • Dudeworld
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2015, 07:31:25 PM »
Here you go.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 07:56:08 PM by LogicprObe »

Offline Rybags

• Sergeant at Arms
  • Dudeworld
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2015, 08:28:58 PM »
Nice work mate.

You should go on one of those stupid renovation game shows.  Sort out those yuppie pooftahs!

Offline Wallacey

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2015, 04:49:43 PM »
You are kidding me!

There is only one photo on the ad that shows me that it is the same house.

Awesome results, how much of that did you do yourself?

And now nig nogs will be living there :P
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 04:52:00 PM by Wallacey »
Whatever

Offline LogicprObe

• Sergeant at Arms
  • Dudeworld
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2015, 07:00:01 PM »

Nearly all of it...............and Aussies bought it!

Hey Ry................the last 4 months have felt like I was in those TV shows.................and I've never even watched one!
Only see the ads in the footy and the like.

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2015, 07:08:37 PM »
Politically incorrect?  You betcha!!!  :-)

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2015, 12:15:10 PM »
Knew this was on the way:

http://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/india-launches-its-first-homegrown-aircraft-carrier-amid-surging-asian-arms-race/story-fnpjxnlk-1227392767321

More than a little sobering to see how many carriers are going to be plying around our shores in the 2020s though, and none of them ours.

Cheers

Offline Smokey

• Knucklehead
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2015, 09:48:30 PM »
One glaring problem I see for the US, and Australia is the COST of government.
Seems the burgeoning third world country's run by commies or cheap as chips politicians are able to scratch out their line in the sand.

Is war comming?  yes, I think so. And history shows that the ground hog just dosent see its reflection yet.
I still think that installing long range nuke missile silos on our soil is the best way to say fuck off to your side of the street,,, or ocean. It's passive aggressive rather then provocative aggressive of wich is what an air craft carrier is.

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2015, 11:42:43 AM »
Hmm,

The reality of most all war in the end is either religion or economics, or so I was told. The only real difference is that economics can prevent war as happened in breaking up the USSR but it does seem now that it has only given us a reprieve, we are well and truly back to the tensions of the Cold war.

However it may well transpire that it is for Russia a dead cat bounce, they really cannot afford to go on extravagant military expansion splurges nor can they afford sanctions. Worse, having created some strange form of capitalism and thus a wealthy class there is now a large faction within Russia that has much to lose if the Putin clan keeps going.

I'd speculate that may well lead to another revolution and Putin's head, literally or figuratively, on a spike.

The danger is that whilst the West was able to drive the old USSR into bankruptcy it did come at quite a cost to other economies especially the US and UK - can't really afford another arms race.

I'd be very anti any increased nuke deployment, anywhere not just Australia.

In the end that just puts us back in MAD-Land, Mutually Assured Destruction, which we have been in the main pulling away from.

It's a very complex and tangled web but whilst everyone looks to the US as the punching bag it should be remembered that India has long played both sides, Moscow and Washington but there is no love lost between Delhi and Beijing, they do share a border and they are both nuclear nations.

What a wonderful planet we live on, just where is the exit ?

:)

Cheers

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2015, 06:55:40 PM »
The USN is an absolute conundrum, they really are. They have commissioned some of the greatest of programmes, the F-4, I guess the A-4, the unreal submarines and carriers, AEGIS and the Ticonderogas, but, they have also wasted big money on bad aircraft choices that right now has them a bit shag-on-a-rock. As brave as a face as they are making of it, -18s are NOT going to defend a carrier group as well as the Tomcat/Phoenix combo did.

So, what do they do?

http://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/new-us-military-interceptor-tested-can-shoot-down-ballistic-missiles-and-aeroplanes/story-fnpjxnlk-1227471317593

Basically announce a three level defense in depth missile capability, which, as much as I find missiles a dangerous potential for escalation actually has a lot of legs, but I'm not quite sure they realise that they are in an odd conundrum of developing a potent solution to protect their carriers, that carry aircraft that are supposed to be doing that job whilst the attack component has already been degraded by cruise missiles...

Crazy world, the new carriers are bloody unreal, but are they actually even vaguely relevant ?

I put this in this thread because underneath such an announcement is a veiled message: If it gets hot in the South China Sea or anywhere the USN happens to be then if you are an aggressor you are impotent against us...

I don't have quite the faith that Jamie had in them but I'd not want to game them...

Cheers

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile

Offline Smokey

• Knucklehead
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2015, 01:29:14 PM »
I suppose they have to show some posturing

"Appear weak when you are strong and Strong when you are weak"
SunTzu 

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2015, 07:24:16 PM »
It's very much a return to Cold War posturing but Russia does have a disadvantage that was not the case prior to the USSR collapse. Back then it was all about massing up on borders it does not control any more and tanks down the Fulda Gap, they do not have that any more so if they are even thinking about subverting the old satellite states they will have to go for the softer ones, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, in respect to Europe.

Re-unified Germany with NATO backing if threatened would hand Putin his ass in a sling and so would Poland, even Hungary would give the moron a bloody lip.

The threat is of not letting it escalate, which really means don't because if it starts getting to rounds being lobbed with the stance in Moscow tac nukes could come into play and then you can very quickly have escalation to city busters.

It's an old playsheet, Putin is just filibustering as Hitler did, taking territory by stealth and the other side not wanting to challenge, going to have to, or just get the useless prick assassinated...

As it stands though, the NATO forces are not too bad and 24 Warthogs ought to give them a significant concern, they have no answer to that  in nap of earth and plinking tanks in a manner no other CAS aircraft can do.

It ought not to get to that but the mood of Moscow is decidedly suspect - I'd even suggest insane...

Cheers

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2015, 03:36:38 PM »
And another step towards a return to the bad old days, but with a surreal twist:

http://www.news.com.au/world/russia-is-sending-ships-loaded-with-tanks-and-trucks-to-support-regime-of-president-assad-in-syria/story-fndir2ev-1227514971494

Assad is not a very pleasant man, not as bad as Saddam or Qaddafi but a pretty typical ME dictator, the only thing worse in the area is ISIS.

But Russia and a  Western coalition helping him out might seems good but it will only take one case of blue-on-blue...

Cheers

Offline Rybags

• Sergeant at Arms
  • Dudeworld
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2015, 12:28:06 AM »
What Putin needs is a good sniper's bullet.

As for the ME, I've said it and probably Chris and others.  Contain them and let them wipe each other out.
No matter how the thing plays out though, it just means more refugees for Europe and eventually here.

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2015, 11:42:57 AM »
No argument about Putin, unfortunately no one seems to be planning for the beneficial assassination.

The ME is and always has been about conflict and corruption, the sad fact is that as bad as the dictators are they do enforce peace upon their countries, without them all order just evaporates. The long lens of history from a century or so from now is going to show that once the Arab states realised that they were not going to defeat Israel they simply turned back to killing each other again.

The thing with refugees though, they don't want to leave their countries, they have no choice, the war needs to be won with ISIS to give them at least a chance to go home. I very much doubt they will be grateful though if you recall how much Kuwait criticised the coalition for the destruction in their country that came about from liberating them in GWI.

Cheers

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2015, 01:10:28 PM »
Geez,

Definitely getting to be more and more like the Cold War:

http://theaviationist.com/2015/09/11/tu-160s-intercepted-by-typhoons/

The Russians so rarely sortie those aircraft because they have so few of them. Has to be a pure flag waving exercise they are one hell of a bomber but not much use in electronic recon unlike the Bears.

Cheers

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2015, 02:46:25 PM »
This is not exactly going to help:

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/japan-has-lifted-a-wwii-ban-on-its-military-fighting-in-overseas-conflicts/story-fn5tas5k-1227534749040

Japan is very much engaged in the South China Sea tension and even a cursory glance at a map shows how essentially exposed to both China and North Korea the country is.

It was always expected that eventually the Japanese constitution would be revised but the hope had always been that the way forward would be a declaration of neutrality.

Cheers

Offline Smokey

• Knucklehead
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2015, 01:45:03 PM »
sounds like everyone is lining up their ducks.
Russia scrapped their Typhoon subs, What did they replace them with?

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2015, 02:37:23 PM »
The replacement class for Typhoon is called Borei, a little smaller than Typhoon, they have three completed, plan ten but a bit moot if they will ever be built.

The Typhoons have not all been scrapped but all are decommissioned, they were just too expensive both to build and to operate.

Cheers

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2015, 05:21:08 PM »
So Russia is getting more serious in Syria:

http://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/this-is-what-russia-is-doing-in-syria-28-combat-planes-deployed/story-fnpjxnlk-1227538973421

The scent of that says Su-27s for air cover and hard support, the CAS types will be doing the hard yards, proving yet again to the Pentagon dickwads that the A-10 is way too useful to retire.

It's going to be "interesting" to deconflict Russian low level stuff from the various coalition types up high using PGMs but at least they are opening some channels of communication.

This has nasty echoes of escalation a la Vietnam with the twist of non-aligned combatants focused on a single enemy.

It must be damned frustrating in Israel, have to sit on their hands with more than enough ability to reduce ISIS to a footnote smear in history.

Cheers

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2015, 09:50:49 AM »
And meanwhile the most well armed sailor on the planet issues a public warning, in Sydney...

http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/us-pacific-fleet-chief-admiral-scott-swift-tells-china-to-abide-by-rules-in-south-china-sea-or-else/story-fnh81fz8-1227559642168

Scary numbers, and that's just the US Pacific fleet, China might care to take notice, probably wont though.

Cheers