Author Topic: The only thing that makes linux fall on its ass  (Read 1891 times)

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
Re: The only thing that makes linux fall on its ass
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2013, 01:44:21 PM »
 :)

Hey Jamie, I was joking, bloody tyranny of text, I know how competent you are. Whose being kicking your ass into the industry for getting on a decade :)

The thing with the net is that MS is fucking useless for a big user base, Linux being basically Unix re-invented, or Free BSD for that matter can support thousands of concurrent sessions. I see site after site local networks, where multiple MS servers are required to service them properly which adds net complexity that we simply never see with a Nix server or two, never did with Novell actually either.

I agree the money behind Android is going to start an OS war, it would not surprise me at all to see Google get deep into the phone market, especially since MS took a big piece of Nokia. But perhaps you do not quite get the open source world - the resources dwarf anything even MS can offer. Nothing is perfect however, the constant disagreements and code forking are bloody irritating.

It's a new OS war, and MS do not have the direction they once had.  Neither do Apple, it's going to be interesting :)

Cheers

Politically incorrect?  You betcha!!!  :-)