Author Topic: The things people throw away.  (Read 3922 times)

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
Re: The things people throw away.
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2011, 12:57:05 PM »
 :)

If both are Acer boarts it might work - bit of a toss-up with Restore disks.

For example once on a trip I had my restore disks with me but my machine stayed fine, my travelling companion's machine, a different brand corrupted, we think from some virus, he's always getting them for some reason.

It took a deal of fiddling and cracking but I got him back running again after a format, the virus or whatever had made a real mess, half the system files were borked.

Other times though I've been unable to get a restore on the actual machine the disks came with, go figure.

Cheers
Politically incorrect?  You betcha!!!  :-)

Offline SamboRoberts

• Big Kahuna
  • For the love of beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2011, 01:13:10 PM »
Well, I've tried the restore discs twice on the one PC, it's really just a Ghost image, but each time it got so far and froze.

Offline Wallacey

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2011, 02:23:20 PM »
Did you do a quick format or full?
Whatever

Offline SamboRoberts

• Big Kahuna
  • For the love of beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2011, 02:39:53 PM »
Both.

Anyway, one PC is working. I had a couple of fucked HDDs, once I swapped them out, I managed to get Windows installed using the restore discs.

I gotta swap back to the 2.6GHz Celeron, the board doesn't support the 2.6 P4, which is weird. Maybe it runs at a higher bus speed, the board only supports 100MHz & 133MHz.

Ah well, back to it.

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2011, 06:20:59 PM »

Is why I keep full versions around and go get drivers after - much more reliable.

I totally agree with the guys and gals who just toss the disks in the box and get the latest on line.

I keep them just in case, you can build back up.

The classic here is Kies, comes with Samsung Android phones and I have one. It's slowly getting better but what a POS off the mini-disk it came with :)

Don't really need it ,can fool the phone to be a drive, but it does have some promising features.

I've never really seen much good Japanese coded software tbh, slow, buggy, evolves, requires patience....They tend to release too early.

Cheers

Offline SamboRoberts

• Big Kahuna
  • For the love of beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2011, 06:44:45 PM »
They tend to release too early.

Cheers

They have the same problem with their nukelar reactors.  ;zq

Offline LordDread

• Sergeant at Arms
  • Eat da-shiang bao-tza shr duh lah doo-tze,dong ma?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2011, 06:47:30 PM »
lolz i had to check to see wtf keis was,seems it being fucked isnt that uncommon,but heres something to try

- Connect your galaxy to PC via USB cable (turn on Kies USB settings) , it will search for driver but will not recognize
- on your galaxy, swipe down the notification bar, tap USB connection and turn off that connection (or unmount)
- disconnect USB cable and then connect it to PC again, this times your PC will recognize the galaxy.

I've been successful with Windows 7 32, XP. Let me know your result

mind you i have no issues with my HTC .. plug in and select MSD mode and theres the flash card, select htc sync mode and it links straight up to the  phone software,,but only need that if i want to sync contacts/calender for pc mostly.. which i dont use anyways,rest i can do in msd mode with drag/drop :p

/end hijack :p

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2011, 07:26:45 AM »

Yeah Kies is slowly evolving rubbish, but I hardly use it anyway, thanks for the tip :)

Samsung don't as far as I know make reactors Sam, you are thinking of Toshiba , besides, Samsung is Korean:)

Cheers
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 07:28:46 AM by Hardman »