Author Topic: The Poor Mans Level 10  (Read 1719 times)

Offline GL0Bey

• Custom Chrome Hardtail
    • View Profile
The Poor Mans Level 10
« on: February 09, 2011, 07:17:08 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thermaltakereview#p/a/u/0/01wUXg9Y_Zg

Thermaltake Level 10 GT is the name to their latest edition of the Level 10 series.

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=416&products_id=16648

PC Case Gear have them on pre-order for $329.00 which is a HELL of a lot cheaper than the asking price of $850.00 for the original.

I like that they've stuck with the same unique look of the Level 10, added a nice cooling system and a few features like airflow control louvers.

Bit-Tech Preview: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cases/2011/02/07/preview-thermaltake-level-10-gt-pc-case/1

Offline SamboRoberts

• Big Kahuna
  • For the love of beer!
    • View Profile
Re: The Poor Mans Level 10
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 07:31:56 PM »
I like it. I could buy it, but I can't really justify spending that much on a case.

Offline LogicprObe

• Sergeant at Arms
  • Dudeworld
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 05:37:49 AM »

I knew they'd come up with a cheaper version.

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 08:48:59 AM »
 :)

They always do, same with Lian, looks pretty good actually.

I never mind spending serious cash on a case Sam, it's one thing you can go a long time without needing to replace, everything else is depreciating before it arrives. :)

Cheers
Politically incorrect?  You betcha!!!  :-)

Offline SamboRoberts

• Big Kahuna
  • For the love of beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 03:48:34 PM »
:)

They always do, same with Lian, looks pretty good actually.

I never mind spending serious cash on a case Sam, it's one thing you can go a long time without needing to replace, everything else is depreciating before it arrives. :)

Cheers
The case I've got now has lasted me about 8 years. I can't remember where the side panels are, it cost me about $70 back then, a serious amount of cash.

Offline GL0Bey

• Custom Chrome Hardtail
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 04:30:13 PM »
The Level 10 manual says it wasn't designed for / or fits E-ATX motherboards. I don't know about this new GT version though, maybe they've redesigned it to accommodate larger motherboards. 

Sometimes updating a case is a necessity if you've gone and got a brand new foot long video card, or what have you, and it won't fit your current case. 

Innovation, future proofing and a bit of snazz all rolled into one is really hard to find. I have enough spare shit laying around to build another PC for maybe a folding rig or something.

I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for the reviews of this case. If only for the fun of having a cruncher sitting on the desk folding away sitting next to its big brother   :D