Author Topic: Are You New Here ? READ THIS FIRST !  (Read 5829 times)

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
Re: Are You New Here ? READ THIS FIRST !
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2013, 05:45:04 PM »
:)

Hey,

We have a few good bike folk around, the boss and creator of the site, Richo, is the very full  bottle as we Aussies say, on Harleys. I think he's been a bit busy the last few days, in fact everyone seems to have been, but if you drop him a quick PM I'm sure he'll say hi and chat bikes til the cows come home :)

The one known as Lord Dread knows his bikes as well and others of us have some knowledge. Not so much me any more, too many years since my last Ducati :)

The site's not just bikes though - most anything blokes like really :)

Cheers

Politically incorrect?  You betcha!!!  :-)

Offline McClean

• The token American
  • Big Kahuna
  • Ain't I pretty? ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2013, 02:53:24 AM »

Welcome, this site is pretty much a virtual bar.

Sure, we talk about bikes, a subject I honestly know very little about.

We also talk about cars, guns, knives, airplanes, computers, video games, hand to hand combat, history, politics and current events, girls, online Pron, cooking, books, music, barbecuing, camping out,  lifting a glass to honorable men who have been killed in wars that were justified and also in wars that were pointless.

Suffice it to say that we have wide ranging discussion here...  :-*
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 02:55:24 AM by McClean »
Where everything out here ain't what it seems
When I'm down to nothing, I just go ahead and dream
And face the fact that I'm a circle in a world full of squares

Offline Skipper

• Knucklehead
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2014, 05:33:23 AM »
I'm Skipper.  The nickname was given to me.  I don't like it nor do I particularly dislike it.  I tolerate it.  But it has been this way since about 1996.  I'm 59 years young as of 4-7-2014.  I ride Harleys and have ridden something with a motor and two wheels since about 1963 when I traded my Schwinn for a mini-bike with a 3.5 horsepower Briggs and Stratton lawn mower motor and a pull start.  I was drawn to this site when I discovered I needed some advice changing out my tranny, primary and engine fluids.  Thanks for the help.  I now have transmision fluid in my 98 softail, amsoil in the engine, and Slick 50 gear lube in the tranny.  All is good.  For those of you who know where the State of Iowa, U.S. A. is....that's where I live.  Primarily agricultural as far as industry goes.  Farmers.  Good down to earth types for the most part with a few azzholes thrown in here and there.  I'm off for a ride now.  The weather is nice and I need some therapy.  Going to have one shot of Jack Daniels to celebrate making it 59 years.   :-*
Those who would trade their essential liberties for a little safety deserve neither safety nor liberty. (or something like that)

Offline Richo

• Big Kahuna
  • Fast, Cheap, Light...pick any two
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2014, 08:36:43 AM »

G'day Skipper and welcome to the knucklehead saloon.

Any chance you could throw up a few photos of what its like to ride around where you live ?
Work Hard, Play Hard, Stay Hard

Meet my little Baby

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2014, 09:50:19 AM »

Welcome :)

A rather beautiful part of the world that you live in, or was, not been through there in a long time.

At least one of our members I can pretty much guarantee raised a glass to toast your birthday and probably did so with JD :)

Cheers

Offline Skipper

• Knucklehead
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2014, 01:05:50 PM »
Richo...I will be happy to post pictures of my beloved Iowa, USA.  Although much of the State of Iowa is flat agricultural land, where I live is rolling hills, timber, lakes and winding roads.  Much of this area of Iowa is little known to the outside world that believes all of Iowa is flat.  Much of our area was also mined for coal, both underground and strip mining.  Because we have a lot of timber intertwined with agriculture the deer population is unbelievable.  Last Deer season hunters took about 10,000 deer in our county, which is 25 square miles, and literally didn't put a dent in the deer population in our area.  The odds of getting into a wreck with a deer at night far exceeds the odds of being in a wreck with another motor vehicle where I live and mostly ride. Pictures forthcoming.
Those who would trade their essential liberties for a little safety deserve neither safety nor liberty. (or something like that)

Offline Richo

• Big Kahuna
  • Fast, Cheap, Light...pick any two
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2014, 04:15:23 PM »

Wow ... what an interesting place you live in !!

Pics would be great, thanks  :D
Work Hard, Play Hard, Stay Hard

Meet my little Baby

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2014, 04:55:02 PM »

That was an interesting case of brain fade... I thought Skip said Idaho :)

But I have been to Iowa as well, lovely part of the world. Those outside the US don't really appreciate that it's more than the stuff they use for backdrops to tv shows :)

Cheers

Offline AccessDenied

• Custom Chrome Hardtail
  • Dudeworld
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2014, 07:44:47 PM »
Nice place.  My sis-in-law (Bro's wife) came from Ohio.  IIRC about 2 states away from you.  So a little further than you can spit.

Welcome.  I wish I had my 2 wheels running at the moment, but I don't have the cash to fix.  ('43 Triumph I'm restoring).

AD

Offline McClean

• The token American
  • Big Kahuna
  • Ain't I pretty? ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2014, 08:41:03 PM »

Skipper, I don't live too far from you.

Still a bit of a ride but a LOT closer than the Aussies who infest this joint.  :P

I live in Tennessee. Cool to see another American around these parts.  Especially given I've been the "Token American" for years.. :-*
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 08:43:36 PM by McClean »

Offline AccessDenied

• Custom Chrome Hardtail
  • Dudeworld
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2014, 08:46:55 PM »
2 TOKENS!  We can redeem a prize now!

AD

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2014, 09:25:47 PM »

THREE tokens, ask the boss, Skip has a Harley :)

Cheers

Offline Skipper

• Knucklehead
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2014, 11:22:51 PM »
I'm taking off at noon today with my camera to try and get some good pictures of Iowa USA to post here.  twisted roads.  lots of trees.  not much traffic.  big lakes.  taverns every 15 -25 miles.  I told the boss to kiss off this afternoon.  I didn't care what he said, I'm taking off on the Harley.  (oops...I'm self employed...and not married)   ;)

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2014, 09:49:27 AM »

Have fun :)

Cheers

Offline Skipper

• Knucklehead
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2014, 12:04:20 PM »
OK.  I need somebody to please instruct me on how to put my pictures of Iowa USA on this thing so I can share them.  I'm 59 and still remember when the ignition key went in the dashboard, you dimmed your headlights with your left foot hitting a switch on the floor and when you had to kick start your Harley to get it running.  Sorry.  Please and thank you.  pappychris.gif

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2014, 12:52:59 PM »

Yeah a bit of an oversight, we really should have some instructions on that around here.

Bit rushed today so I"ll pinch the method used on another forum, works perfectly well here:

"To post a picture on the forum, first open a free account with one of the online photo services, like one of these:

http://www.photobucket.com
http://www.flikr.com

Upload your photo (preferably, first edit it to 600 pixels wide.)

For Flikr, upload the image then click on the image to open it.

Then click on “Share”

Then “Grab the HTML/BB code”

Choose BBcode and copy the text in the box. (at this point you can also select the size you want, normally in the forum, close to 600 is good, choose a smaller size if you like)

That will give you a chunk of code. To keep it clean and not give the world your Flikr address , edit it down to just the bit between and including the [img] tags.

Now paste that into the forum. Have a look at Preview and you will see how your image will appear."

That's for Flikr, Photobucket is even easier if you have trouble :)

The idea is not to have the image uploaded to the site but to use the free online services to direct link so the pics are visible in your post. It also means you can easily share the pics around anywhere else you might want to from your online album :)

I can sympathise, I'm two years older and recall all those things as well, just I've been in this mad industry called IT half my life :)

Cheers

Offline McClean

• The token American
  • Big Kahuna
  • Ain't I pretty? ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2014, 04:37:27 AM »

I'm only 38 but I to remember the days when you dimmed your headlights with your left foot. Not only do I remember it, I still try to do it now and then...

Zimmerman is however over complicating things regarding uploading pics.

At the bottom left of the post window you'll see a blue colored link that says, "additional options."

Click that and from there is an option to add attachments to your post.

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2014, 06:58:15 AM »

I don't think I've ever owned a car with a foot dipswitch, had to borrow one the other day that had a foot "handbrake" though, now that's a silly idea if I ever saw one ;)

I've never bothered to mention it but whilst the attachment option works I prefer using the Photobucket etc way to load pics on the rare occasion that I post one, gets me in the habit to re-size but yeah, I'd even forgotten it was there :)

Cheers

Offline McClean

• The token American
  • Big Kahuna
  • Ain't I pretty? ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2014, 05:17:36 AM »
Less common now than they used to be but it wasn't all that long ago that foot pedal
parking/emergency brakes were common in American cars.

Foot dimmer switches are a thing of the past but there are still foot parking/emergency brakes on American cars. These days not so much on cars as on trucks.

Offline Skipper

• Knucklehead
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2014, 11:05:04 AM »
OK.  HELP. I hate to blame this on my age.  But I am.  I downloaded some pictures to my computer.  Now, how do I post them here for all to see?  I have some of the "clubhouse" and some of those with whom I ride.   pappychris.gif

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2014, 01:25:15 PM »

Thought myself and Jamie did give different options on how ?

Some sites don't like having direct uploads because of storage constraints but we are fine with it here so you can ignore my Photoshop/Flickr method.

Just start a post, put in some text, go to the "Additional Options" at the bottom of the posting space, click on it.

There is an option called Attach: Select it and it opens a browse view of your computer. Go to the image you want loaded and select it, repeat as required.

Don't fret it a lot of people young and old get confused with some ways of doing things on line :)

Just make sure your pics are in one of the allowed file types, they almost certainly will be and note the max number and max sizes. Max number is per post so if you have more than 10 just start another post :)

Cheers
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 01:26:58 PM by Hardman »

Offline Mobbzy

• Knucklehead
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2015, 05:27:24 PM »
Brand new here...thought i'd say hi....North Queensland born and bred......06 Springer in the shed and had 3 others ...Wide Glide, Ultra Classic and 1200 Sporty...restoring  Genuine XY GT and that's nearly done...cant wait to get it on the road after a long 4 year resto....anyway...better go and crack a coldie....

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2015, 05:43:56 PM »

If you are up in FNQ a coldie or six sounds like a good plan :)

Welcome mate, the Harley fans will love to hear more.

Cheers

Offline AccessDenied

• Custom Chrome Hardtail
  • Dudeworld
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2015, 08:07:07 AM »
Welcome Mobbzy.

Bikes/cars/planes (or all 3), Beer and good quality food.  Add some good tunes (Any type, we're an ecclectic bunch).  We're set.

This is a place to hang out and chat.  A digital bar.

AD

Offline fuknKIWI

• Custom Chrome Hardtail
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2015, 03:11:10 PM »
G'day Mobbzy we could use some new input round here...hope you like it here.
That's quite a toy collection you have...
Half gallon quarter acre Pavlova paradise.