Author Topic: Till we ride together again mate  (Read 1757 times)

Offline GRUMPZ

• Boofhead
    • View Profile
Till we ride together again mate
« on: September 01, 2009, 09:07:32 AM »

BoofHead

What more can I say , there isn’t enough hours in one day to talk about all of your qualities and the joy that you have bought me over the last 15 and a half yrs, from the blatant sillyness to the most unexpected suprises. There was never a boring day with you in it. You were my right hand man thru the tough times, Tough times that had just come to an end and we were starting to reap the rewards, I am gunna miss ya mate.

Don’t worry……. she’ll be right mate  I’m Takin Ya Home

Let me tell you all about Adam,

From the day he was introduced to this world it became a better place, his exhuberent nature shone thru from his first breathe of air. And continued until his last. He was the clown of the family who was always pulling tricks and scaring the shit out of ya, when ya least expected it, He was a cyclone looking for a place to hit, and just like one when he did hit he left a trail of destruction and mayhem.
He was also a lazy little shit, I got him to feed the cat once and because he was busy playing Tibia on his computer he opened a tin of cat food stuck a tea spoon in the top of it and gave it to Defor.

Defor being Adams cat

Now this is no ordinary cat he is the size of a lion and only adam could get away with what he did with this cat. Had anyone else tried it they would have been ripped to shreads. He would stick him in one of my workboots, arse first and only have his head and front paws sticking out, he would bring him into where I was and say “ look dad he is puss in boots”. Defor would just sit there and lap up all the attention adam gave him .they would sit on the couch together for hours watching the Simpsons and 2 and a half men.

Often I would be in my room on the computer and here adam absolutely cacking himself to the point of wetting his pants watching the good news week and Defor would be right their one his lap sleeping or just looking at him thinking’ what the hell is this nut laughing at”
DEFOR is missing you mate.

Now Adam and his showers, this was a contentious point from the time he came home to me in 2004. In the house we currently live in the shower shares a wall to my room so I can hear it start and stop. I used to wake adam up for school and he would stagger into the shower and turn it on, we had one of those big old shower rose and he would empty the 500 ltr hot water system  to leave me a cold shower, so I thought I will fix the little bastard, so I got one of the water saver heads with the free 4 minute timer. Hooked it all up and didn’t tell him, next morning he jumped in the shower as usual turned it on and didn’t say a word I set the timer and when it finished I bashed on the wall to say time is up. Adam being the smart arse he was bashed back on the wall and continued to shower until the hot water was cold. He figured if the water came out slower and softer he would just stay in longer……..the little bastard won that round.

When I bought my first Harley and got it home in the shed he would tell everyone it was his bike and that he had just lent it to me until he was old enough to ride it, what he didn’t know was when he was old enough to ride it, it was his.

Everything Adam toughed turned to gold, especially his sport, he was a jack of all sports and excelled at everything he did, football,cricket,baseball,squash, anything he put his hand to.
He decided that he was sick of playing footy every second weekend in daylesford so he told his mum and I that he would go and play footy in daylesford every weekend in the winter and during summer he would stay with me and do beach patrol. Little did I know at the time and only after he explained it to me, Beach patrol wasn’t being on the beach As a surf life saver but walking (patrolling) purving on chicks.

His sense of humour was second to none, and many of my close mates were usually the brunt of it. When they came to visit he would always have a laugh at their expense. And thru doing this actually became their good mate as well and their presence he today is a testament to that fact, he was a Great little boy who was becoming a Great man. His life ended way too soon and nothing can ever replace my love for him, boofhead you may be gone but you will never be forgotten, I love you son and I always will
Ya  old man is gunna miss ya mate

Ride free forever mate,

Dad will always be there by your side

R.I.P

Adam Bradley Griffis

20-11-1993 - 11-08-2009

R.I.P Adam, my beautiful young Man.....20-11-1993 TO 11-08-2009,You are gone my little man but you are and never will be forgotten.......Ride On LYACAN Ride On

Offline ICEMAN

• Boneheads
  • Dudeworld
    • View Profile
Re: Till we ride together again mate
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 12:33:35 PM »
My condolences to you and your family for your loss. Thats far too young to be passing away, no parent should have to face losing one of their children. Looks like a top bloke, be proud of him, because everything you've described him as being is a result of how you've shaped him as he's grown up.

Offline LordDread

• Sergeant at Arms
  • Eat da-shiang bao-tza shr duh lah doo-tze,dong ma?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 03:46:21 PM »
My condolences, and best wishs to you and yours in this most difficult time.That was touching, rest assued that will stand as a tribute here for a very long time to come.

Offline Richo

• Big Kahuna
  • Fast, Cheap, Light...pick any two
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 06:18:16 PM »

That was a brilliant Shane.

I'll sticky this thread here in the homestead for now until I can come up with a better method of making your memorial permanent mate.
Work Hard, Play Hard, Stay Hard

Meet my little Baby

Offline SamboRoberts

• Big Kahuna
  • For the love of beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 06:26:59 PM »
Mate, I've not got much to say, other than I'm feelin' for ya. I'm sorry for your loss and you have my sincerest condolences.

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 06:57:04 PM »
I just do not know what to say mate, a terrible loss, ever need to talk or vent or whatever then a PM will find me in minutes as a rule.

I don't feel very cheery but I'll say Cheers anyway.

Politically incorrect?  You betcha!!!  :-)

Offline Travesty

• Custom Chrome Hardtail
  • D.D.D.D.C
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 12:46:27 PM »
Far to young...  That's a great tribute to a mighty fine sounding young man.

All our deepest condolences and thoughts are with you and yours, mate.

Offline once repent

• Boneheads
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 04:50:38 PM »
HE WILL FOREVER WATCH OVER HIS OLD MAN

The streets of heaven are crowded with Angels tonight.
R.I.P Adam

Doc, Nicky and the Boys

Offline Frawlz

• Fucken Mister
  • Sergeant at Arms
  • G.O.C.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 08:09:53 PM »

The tribute you wrote is gold mate.

Sitting here looking at my little bloke trying to imagine your pain - some things are just fucked - kids are sposed to bury their parents.

Don't really know how a bloke deals with that sort of thing. Don't ever want to find out.

Shooting stars man. They burn bright then leave us.  Sounds like your boy lit up your sky while he was with you. 

Offline Wallacey

• Sergeant at Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 06:13:11 PM »
That is such a beautiful tribute and expression of love, from a father to a son, thank you for sharing it.

Our heartfelt condolences, GRUMPZ.
Whatever

Offline blackf1ng3r

• Sergeant at Arms
  • Watchin' j00 ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2009, 11:05:44 PM »

Lost for words, mate.    All the very best.   
Knucklehead etiquette rule 1/.

When your mates are fine, take the piss every chance they offer. When they are not fine, drop everything and go help.
                       Hardman

Offline McClean

• The token American
  • Big Kahuna
  • Ain't I pretty? ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2012, 06:01:24 AM »
I know this is an old thread but I happened across it today and I was just wondering if anybody has heard from Shane or knows how he's doing?

I only know Shane a bit from here and I have NFI how loosing a child would feel but I am both curious how he's doing and feeling a bit guilty for not asking a long time ago.
Where everything out here ain't what it seems
When I'm down to nothing, I just go ahead and dream
And face the fact that I'm a circle in a world full of squares

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 08:21:29 AM »
Hmm,

It's been stickied up there a long time, a memorial, never even thought of unpinning it.

Richo might know, but Shane has not been around in a long, long time.

Cheers

Offline fuknKIWI

• Custom Chrome Hardtail
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2015, 10:14:36 AM »
Shane has moved to NSW near where he used to live. He doesn't get online that much and doesn't hang out in the same old places.
Adam's birthday is the day after mine and the same day as my uncle so I usually ring Shane on Adam's birthday to let him know I'm thinking of him. It's not easy to make the call but Shane does get some comfort in knowing someone cares and Adam is not forgotten...unfortunately I too know the pain of losing loved ones to suicide.

HELP STOP THE HIDDEN EPIDEMIC...help strip away the taboo of the subject...if anything else claimed so many lives there would such an uproar.
I am particularly concerned about suicide in ex-service men and women.
Half gallon quarter acre Pavlova paradise.

Offline Hardman

• Big Kahuna
  • Single Malt Effect
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2015, 02:19:26 PM »
Indeed, a terrible, terrible situation.

As a forum we don't have any particular charity that we endorse, perhaps we should, "Beyond Blue."

Cheers