Author Topic: Pasta Salad.  (Read 967 times)

Offline McClean

• The token American
  • Big Kahuna
  • Ain't I pretty? ;)
    • View Profile
Pasta Salad.
« on: March 02, 2008, 03:40:03 PM »
 :)

A few years back, I worked in market/deli as a cashier. There was this little old lady bitch who used to make pasta salad to sell in the deli during the summer.

I ate some of it and I thought it was pretty good, BUT I wasn't about to ask the bitch for the recipe and besides that, I knew I could do better and so, I did.....

INGREDIENTS

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite size pieces; 1 pint cherry tomatoes, rinsed and sliced; 14 ounce can large black olives, drained and sliced; 1 broccoli crown, chopped; 1 teaspoon basil; 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder; 16 ounce bottle of salad dressing (I use Ranch); 16 ounces colored Rotini pasta, cooked.

DIRECTIONS

1- Cook chicken and allow to cool. Cook pasta according to package directions.

2- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Add 16 ounces of your favorite salad dressing and mix well. Refrigerate before serving.

The recipe I based this on, called for 8 ounces of Caesar dressing, which not only do I not particularly care for, it's also hard to find here and so, I use Ranch instead.

Also, I've never tried it, but I think this recipe would be even more delicious with some shrimp added to it.

Where everything out here ain't what it seems
When I'm down to nothing, I just go ahead and dream
And face the fact that I'm a circle in a world full of squares

Offline McClean

• The token American
  • Big Kahuna
  • Ain't I pretty? ;)
    • View Profile
Re: Pasta Salad.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 03:41:01 PM »
 :)

This is the way I cook the chicken for that Pasta Salad.

This works for a lot of recipes. For example, I also use it in Jambalaya. To use it for the salad, discard the vegetables after you've cooked it.

Quick Cooked Chicken

INGREDIENTS

1 carrot, coarsely chopped; 1 stalk celery, coarsely chopped; 1 medium yellow onion, coarsely chopped; 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts; ΒΌ teaspoon salt; 1/8 teaspoon black pepper

DIRECTIONS

1- Preheat the oven to 350
2- Arrange the vegetables in the center of a large piece of heavy aluminum foil.
3- Lightly season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper and place on top of vegetables. Fold over the sides of the aluminum foil to tightly seal, place on a baking sheet, and bake until the chicken is cooked through, 30 to 35 minutes.
4- Carefully unwrap the foil packet and let sit until the chicken is cool enough to shred or dice.

Where everything out here ain't what it seems
When I'm down to nothing, I just go ahead and dream
And face the fact that I'm a circle in a world full of squares