Author Topic: Jet Powered Beer Cooler.  (Read 1292 times)

thatp1g

Jet Powered Beer Cooler.
« on: November 07, 2007, 09:22:22 AM »
What follows is my story about a shed, a warm beer and a home made jet engine. It is being presented for entertainment purposes only and no-one should attempt to emulate what I have done here. The risks should be obvious but it is worth pointing out that beer is a very dangerous substance when used without due care.

Please be careful!

http://www.asciimation.co.nz/beer/

(He is from New Zealand)

An aussie would never get a project like this finished because we'd drink all the beer or strap the thing to a go cart.

AccessDenied

Re: Jet Powered Beer Cooler.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 03:48:02 PM »
ummmm.

This is all cool because it's a beer cooler.  And a jet..

But..  The thing cooling it was the rapid depressurization of the LPG cylinder chilling the water and therefore the beer..

You could achieve the same thing by putting the LPG cylinder into the bucket of water with the beer and then just turning the tap on with nothing connected.

hmmm.  I'll have to see whether I can find it again.   There's a page on how to build numerous types of "Pulse Jets".  (Think V-1 Bombs).  Doesn't require a turbine..  It's like a self contained scram jet.  It does require LOTS of air (Achieveable with a leaf blower) to get it started.  But then it warms up and away it goes.  Self sustaining until the fuel runs out.

AD

plains203

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 02:30:30 PM »
Yeah I also thought it a bit of a waste of a turbine. He could at lease use the gas to cook his food.

Please do find the details on the other engines.

LordDread

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 05:56:50 PM »
heheh pretty cool idea though... all it needs is an afterburner for total coolness :P