Author Topic: Richo's Holiday  (Read 8375 times)

LordDread

Re: Richo's Holiday
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2007, 06:21:42 PM »
LOl tuesdays are good to take a sickie.. less suspion that your were just hungover.. most workplaces have a policy (mine does) now that goes something alone the lines of "any sickie on a monday or friday MUST have a doc certificate" ..... my place is fairly easy going... they just hate assholes not showing on 2 of the usally bussiest days   ;D

Horatio

« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2007, 08:09:37 PM »
just the way its gotta be sorry....

(you could always snap a sickie tuesday ?)
Nah, weekdays are pretty busy for us, extra curricular stuff for the miniature human as well as work... and there's no way I could take a sickie that particular day. We'll do our best to show our faces at some point during the arvo/evening, but it won't be a long stay.

Bugger!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 08:09:55 PM by Horatio »

admin

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2007, 04:46:20 PM »
Bummer man... shit happens eh?

Updates: TD and I spent half the day today prepping the bikes.  Switched out the brake fluid on both, my worst suspicions confirmed.. both bikes had 2 different kinds of brake fluid in their respective systems, causing piston stickage.. not good when one is only 2 yrs old...

*shakes fist at fuckwits in bike shops* .. never again !!

Also replaced a front engine mount on the old mighty nintey... cured a rattle and improved the handling no end.

This week is a rego for the '90 + full engine trans & primary service for both ... should be sweet as after that lot and ready to pile on the miles!!

8 days to go!!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 04:47:01 PM by admin »

LordDread

« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2007, 06:57:58 PM »
lol who you getting to do the services on them?? no fucking frazrs i hope to god...

admin

« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2007, 02:54:38 PM »
I was tied into services with the warranty on the '05. Blacktown HD did the initial prep, Greeny's @ wallsend was doing all services but frazers got their hands on it when I had the insurance work done.

Not sure which one of them fucked up (guessing frazers - never had a problem until it came out of their shop).

Do all my own service work on the evo, now the twincam too cos warranty has run out.

Bottle on the left was from the evo (I think dodgy bros had it for 5000kms before I bought it). Bottle on the right from the twincam.

Fluids left to settle out overnight before pix.

Updates: Did 4 oil changes today. 2 gearboxes with 85w-140w and primaries with dexron ATF... only 2 engine oil + filters to go tomorrow :)

AccessDenied

« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2007, 03:16:05 PM »
Light Ice?  LIGHT ICE?  BLAARGHGHH!!!!

hehehehehe..

If that's all you're drinking, Sam will have you under the table before you've finished 2 glasses of full strength..   ;D

There'll be a small amount of beer taken from Keg tomorrow night.  (Dad is coming over to help out with some woodworking.  I work with metal.  Not wood).

Should mean that when you blokes visit, I'll have an operational forge to show off.  What more to life?  Standing over a forge.  Beer glass in hand, with the beerfridge only 2 metres away..   :-X

Otherwise..  Quick question:  Have you sorted out your sleeping arrangements?  Things in this thread are a little hazy.

AD

admin

« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2007, 05:21:27 PM »

Sounds brill, AD !  TD and I come from the loins of a long, long line of metalworkers and soldiers that my dad has traced back to the 10th century :)

We'll be right at home around a forge!

Light ice = what the mrs brought  home for us to quaff whilst working on the bikes - TD had to drive 1.5 hrs home - usually either carlton draught or coopers pale for me tho.

Sleeping: yeah its still hazy, nothing written in stone... I think its either your place or Sams .. who wants 2 drunken bums the most ?

Dajobo

« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2007, 07:37:48 AM »
I'm really sad to say Monday night has stuffed me up as well :(

I have a presentation night that I cant get out of.

Richo could you please PM your mobile to me and tell me whens a good time because I want to call you.

admin

« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2007, 02:54:18 PM »

No worries Daj.. shit happens man.

Spent another arvo in the shed... 2 x engine oil and filter changes later and the big girls are happy :)

Moved the Mrs backrest forwards behind the riders seat (corbin saddles you rock for that) so long haul comfort is a reality on my softail.  The old evo leccyglide is a touring machine par excellence with built in lumbar support so thats got TD covered too !

Rego for the '90 tomorrow with any luck and its all good.

Just gotta knock up a couple of cam mounts and they're ready to rock.

Bring on the miles !

Ummm... monday night can't be a HUUUUUGE one for us... we've gotta put on 750 klicks the next day and be there before sundown (skippys)... prolly gonna have to pull the pin on merrymaking around midnight.

AccessDenied

« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2007, 06:55:04 PM »
Sounds fine to me..

Fenn and I are out the door typically no later than 8:30am (LATEST).  So, if you stay, you have to be ready to be booted out by that stage.

Not a drama.  I'm making sure there is space just in case you choose to crash with us.  I'm happy to park the 323 outside the garage allowing your HDs to stay sheltered in a garage for the night.  Not a high crime area, but why tempt fate?

AD

admin

« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2007, 07:26:27 PM »

Thanks a zillion AD !!  but I've been yarning with sam and he's got us organised for his place.

Looking forward to some homebrew and some forging lessons !!

Rybags

« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2007, 07:41:58 PM »
So, what's the itinery ?

If you'll just be here for the 1 nite, I'll have to try and come down to say G'day.

Got that day off too, so if you roll up early could do lunch or somethin.

AccessDenied

« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2007, 08:00:25 PM »
I'm sure I can do a forging lesson..

I'll probably be out working in my forge when you arrive anyways.  So why waste coal?  Just keep pounding on for a few minutes..

Show you how to draw and upset steel..  :P

AD

admin

« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2007, 08:00:25 PM »
itinery (sort of)

3rd - canberry (you lot)
4th - somewhere near narrabri (the back of whoop whoop)
5th - gold coast (moz and ghostie)
6th - valdora (p1gs)
7th - yamba (on the coast)
8th - home

prolly wont roll into canberry until late arvo

will most likely have riding buddies 3rd and 4th but they won't hit canberra

also prolly have riding buds again on the 8th
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 08:02:17 PM by admin »

AccessDenied

« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2007, 04:06:04 PM »
ANYONE THAT IS COMING TO THE RICHO & CO BBQ AT FENN AND MY PLACE!

Please state it either here or in messages.

I'll send you my address..

Always good idea to know the address of the BBQ you are attending..  :P

I recommend people taxi or designate a driver to my place for the BBQ.  I expect quite a bit of beerage.

AD

LordDread

« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2007, 05:40:11 PM »
hehe i'd be willing to bet on frazers stuffing it up, that greeny's, is that the one near i think its oneils tyres??

admin

« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2007, 07:32:03 PM »

Yeah it is LD.

LordDread

« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2007, 08:05:17 PM »
Ahh fucking top guys, been there once, took my old boss there to pick his hardly up form being serviced, i believe he's good mates with them... ohh and incidently,and for a change i aint haven a stab at  harleys,but if you break down and need a tow, call dynotow... yeah i know im pluggen a newie tow service, but they do have the gear for it, and they have the bmw motocycle roadside contract for a reason ( and most luxury cars as well) and will actualy look after you bike unlike that mobo that starts with an F ... :P

admin

« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2007, 09:36:40 AM »
dytnotow.. cool .. i'll remember that. :)

LogicprObe

« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2007, 05:49:21 PM »
Are you there yet?

Rybags

« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2007, 11:18:06 PM »
I arrived @ AD & Fenns about 6PM.

The rain played havoc with the boys, apparently they left Richo's place around 10 and pulled into Canberra just before 6.

30 km/h down the Federal Highway with 30 feet visibility.

I'll leave it to them to describe further.

But, BBQ and convo was good - checked out AD's forge, ate din-dins and the lads sampled some of AD's special homebrew.

Ta mate for the phone, Richo.  Makes the old one look stoneage.

Uploaded "Sweet Home Alabama" MIDI - that can be my ringtone for a while.

LogicprObe

« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2007, 06:12:22 AM »
10am on the road?
That's half the day gone!

Whiteglove

« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2007, 03:59:31 PM »

When you are on holidays you don't need to rush things ... ;D ;D ;D

- especially when it should take about 4 1/2 hours in good conditions.

Why arrive before people  are home from work?  

:) :)

LogicprObe

« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2007, 05:06:31 PM »
Don't defend the slackarses, Whiteglove!

LogicprObe

« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2007, 12:34:45 PM »
What's happening now?