Author Topic: Canberra Brewers  (Read 1662 times)

Offline AccessDenied

• Custom Chrome Hardtail
  • Dudeworld
    • View Profile
Canberra Brewers
« on: April 05, 2007, 07:38:34 PM »
I know there's not alot of Canberrans here.  But there's enough..  And they like beer.  And they like homebrew.

I was wondering if we wanted to catch up for a brewing session or something?

Brew something we all agree on.  Make it something different though.  Not 'just a can'.  But an actual recipe of brewing from grains.

Then options:
1)  Whack it in a keg.  I'm happy to pay the price of the materials IF it doesn't get out of hand.
2)  Bottle it.  Then split the bottles at the end.

AD

Offline Horatio

• Twin Cam
  • Duty First
    • View Profile
Re: Canberra Brewers
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 01:16:50 PM »

Mate, as you know Mrs H and I are both keen to lob over. I've been flat out with work although things have calmed down a bit now, and we've had a few family committments and have been cleaning up after Sambo while he's staying with us  :P

Let us know when is best for you, although we might have to tie in with Sambo's roster.

Offline AccessDenied

• Custom Chrome Hardtail
  • Dudeworld
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 05:03:51 PM »
I've got a batch bubbling at moment.  I only have one fermenter.  So, after that finishes..  HOPEFULLY, in the next weekend or two.

AD

Offline Horatio

• Twin Cam
  • Duty First
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 04:09:36 PM »

No probs mate. Sambo is working this weekend (poor baby  ;D ), and I think we have a bit of a family event coming up in the next weekend or two... but anytime after then will be very groovy. In fact, I walked in last night to discover another four litres of the infamous 'Plum Liqueur' sitting on the kitchen bench... he's been a busy boy as this now adds to the ten litres we had to start with... best get drinking  :-X

Offline AccessDenied

• Custom Chrome Hardtail
  • Dudeworld
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 05:33:47 PM »
OI!

Where's mine?

I swear..  There better be some of this good stuff when you guys come to my place..   :-/

AD

Offline SamboRoberts

• Big Kahuna
  • For the love of beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 06:56:49 PM »
I'll see what I can manage. There's a drought on tho', I don't have much.

Offline AccessDenied

• Custom Chrome Hardtail
  • Dudeworld
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 12:19:38 PM »
hmm.  I'm gonna have to do something soon..  I just used up my last keg..   :-/

Got a recipe pretty much sorted out..  Just gotta look over it again..  Should be a Stout..  Only thing I can't really get my hands on is "Black Malt".  So I got a dark chocolate malt instead.  Should get it pretty damn close to the colour.  If nothing else, it'll add a nice flavour to it as well..  Darker than a porter and just a shade under a 'guiness style stout'.

Will now have to save the pennies until I can get the ingredients..  (Bad weeks..  Rego + Insurance is due)

AD

Offline Horatio

• Twin Cam
  • Duty First
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2007, 08:58:17 PM »

Sorry mate, been flat out like a lizard drinking around here between mine and Mrs H's busy schedules. Get hold of Sambo though... he's just been parking his arse playing computer games all weekend  :P

Offline AccessDenied

• Custom Chrome Hardtail
  • Dudeworld
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 05:51:24 PM »
Think there may still be plenty of time mate..  It'll be a little while yet...    ::)

Too much happening all at once at moment..  Presently acting higher duties at work..  Just got given 2 assignments and 1 project for study..

Maybe after that settles down..

AD